Nepali resident who suffered horrific burns in an accident starts a new life after surgery
Getting burned is one of the worst accidents one can ever suffer in their lives. The heat not only melts the skins and causes scarring, but it also affects one’s psyche and breaks whatever confidence one has. The burn victim is not longer welcomed due to their looks and often is shunned from community. But we have a story that not only sees a burn victim getting help, but also found love and family.
1 The burns victim
Tej Biswokarma was just 5 years old when a horrific accident at his home scarred him not only physically, but also mentally. A kerosene lamp that was used to lighten his home in Nepal, accidently blew up in his face when he was refilling the lamp and he suffered 70% burns all over his body. Especially his lower half of the face was mangled with his lower lip becoming infused with his chest due to melting skin and heat of the fire. For years, Tej was unable to eat properly and was on liquid diet in order to survive. He couldn’t see a doctor immediately after the accident as his family lived on mountains and the nearest hospital was a two-hour walk downhill. For five years, he couldn’t eat or speak anything because of his lower lip being fused to his chest in the accident. He even stopped going to school and says, “It made me feel so lifeless. People used to stare at me and it used to make me angry and frustrated. In the end, I stopped going out. I never went back to school and remained at home away from everyone and everything.”