The bizarre case of one Gloria Ramirez, whose whole body was deadly toxic
2 The toxic Body
On February 19, 1994, Ramirez was brought into the Riverside General Hospital after suffering from effects of her advanced cervical cancer and her condition was pretty bad. She was confused and delirious along with having tachycardia. The medical staff injected her with fast acting stabilizing drugs, but saw no changed in her condition. Drugs like Valium, Versed, and Ativan and even Agents such as lidocaine and Bretylium proved ineffective as the staff moved her into emergency care and tried to restart her heart. However some staff noticed garlic like smell coming from her and that her skin had become oily all of sudden. When the staff took out some blood for checks, they smelled ammonia scent from it and soon the nurses and staff treating her started to feel nauseated and fainted in succession. A total of 23 personnel were sick and 5 were hospitalized immediately.